I’ve just heard that I may be able to claim the disability tax credit on my tax return. What do I have to do to claim this?

You will have to print off form T2201 – Disability Tax Credit Certificate and get a specific doctor to fill out the section where you have a disability then send the form in. Expect 8-10 weeks before you find out if you qualify. You may be able to apply the credit against your prior year’s return and will result in a greater refund. The CRA will usually adjust the returns for the years that you qualified for it.

Leave a Reply