How come I haven’t gotten my OAS yet? I thought I get OAS automatically when I turn 65?

You must apply for Old Age Security (OAS). It is best to start applying for it 6 months before you turn 65 to allow Service Canada time to process your application. Apply for the OAS immediately as you will only be able to get retroactive payments up to 11 months. Be sure to continue filing your tax return on time in order to renew your application every year!

Leave a Reply