I can’t get a T4 slip from one of my employers, what can I do?

If you have a My Account with CRA, log in it. Select “Tax information slips (T4 and more)” and select the current year and T4 from the drop-down menus.  You can then print a copy of your T4.  If you do not have a My Account, ask us and we can obtain a copy for you!

After exhausting all options, take your last paystub of the year and enter in the amounts into your tax return such as Gross Wages, CPP, EI, Union Dues (if applicable), Charitable donations (if applicable). The CRA will then adjust your return to the copy of the T4 that they will have on file. It is always better to report your income rather than omitting it as the CRA will charge you a 10% penalty on the balance owing for not entering in a slip the first time. If you do this again within the next 3 years, they will charge you a 20% penalty on your taxes owing.

Leave a Reply